West End favourite Marisha Wallace will open Strictly Come Dancing’s – Musical Week airing on the BBC this Friday night.
It was recently announced Marisha Wallace will play Miss Adelaide in Nicholas Hytner’s revival of Guys & Dolls, which opens at the The Bridge theatre in February 2023.
Ever busy, Wallace will also appear a The Gaiety Musical Theatre Festival at Ragley Hall in Warwickshire on 30 April 2023. Since making her UK break playing Effie White in Dreamgirls at the Savoy Theatre, Marisha has become a welcome fixture in the West End with stand-out roles in Waitress, Hairspray and most recently the Young Vic’s acclaimed revival of Oklahoma! – which is coming to the Wyndham’s Theatre in February.
Strictly Come Dancing – Musical Week will also see a performance of the touring production of The Cher Show.
Musicals week is a highlight in the annual Strictly fixture with contestants dancing to numbers from famous musicals. This year – due tot he football – the event is taking place on a Friday night with the results shown the following day on Saturday.
The line-up is below:
– Molly and Carlos will dance the Charleston to “Hot Honey Rag” from Chicago
– Helen and Gorka will dance their Couples Choice to “Mein Herr” from Cabaret
– Will and Nancy will dance the Foxtrot to “Sun and Moon” from Miss Saigon
– Kym and Graziano will dance the Cha Cha to “Fame” from Fame
– Hamza and Jowita will dance the Samba to “They Live in You” from Disney’s The Lion King
– Fleur and Vito will dance the Quickstep to “I Got Rhythm” from An American in Paris