Six Reasons to see The Go-Between starring Michael Crawford this Summer:
1. The Go-Between is an adaptation of the critically acclaimed, classic novel by L.P. Hartley, published in 1953.
2. The 1971 film adaptation of the same name won the Palme D’or at the Cannes film Festival that year.
3. The legendary, multi-award winning actor Michael Crawford star of Phantom of the Opera, The Woman in White, Barnum and Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em will be playing the lead role of Leo Colston in the musical.
4. Stuart Ward will be reprising his role as Ted, who he played at The West Yorkshire Playhouse previously. You may also recognise him from playing “Guy” in the musical, Once.
5. Joining the cast is Gemma Sutton who will be playing Marian, Ted’s lover. She has recently starred in the critically acclaimed production of Gypsy in the West End.
6. It was awarded Best Musical Production at the 2012 Theatre Management Association’s UK Theatre Awards and received 5-star rave reviews.
The Go-Between runs until 15 October 2016 at the Apollo Theatre.