Terms and Conditions
General terms and conditions
Access to and use of ‘westendtheatre.com’ both within the UK and internationally is provided by Silver Sea Media Limited (“SSM”) on the following terms:
1. By using westendtheatre.com you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of westendtheatre.com. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to westendtheatre.com.
2. SSM may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of westendtheatre.com will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on westendtheatre.com (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
3. You agree to use westendtheatre.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of westendtheatre.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within westendtheatre.com.
4. All copyright, trade-marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on westendtheatre.com and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in SSM or its licensors (which includes other users). Via our RSS Feeds you may copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use westendtheatre.com content in any way. However, full credit to westendtheare.com and a link to http://www.westendtheatre.com should be posted alongside any content used from westendtheatre.com. You are not allowed to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any westendtheatre.com content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of westendtheatre.com content requires the prior written permission of SSM.
5. The names, images and logos identifying westendtheatre.com, SSM or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of westendtheatre.com, SSM or any other third party.
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with westendtheatre.com you agree to grant to westendtheatre.com, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for westendtheatre.com or SSM services in any media worldwide (including on westendtheatre.com).
7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that westendtheatre.com can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give westendtheatre.com permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
9. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with westendtheatre.com.
10. If you do not want to grant westendtheatre.com or SSM the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with westendtheatre.com.
11. If you have any questions about contributing content to westendtheatre.com, please contact us using the Contact Us section of our website.
13. You agree to use westendtheatre.com communities (including message boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all westendtheatre.com and SSM community sites and services.
(i) About your posts:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant westendtheatre.com community.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising or promoting.
- No spoilers: please consider others before sharing material which contains plot developments which may spoil other’s enjoyment of a show before they have seen it.
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local house rules.
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
- URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if allowed under any relevant local house rules.
- Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any westendtheatre.com community.
(iii) Legal requirements:
- You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in westendtheatre.com communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material to a westendtheatre.com community with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to submit to or share with westendtheatre.com communities only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of westendtheatre.com or SSM or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(iv) If you’re under 16:
- Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any westendtheatre.com community.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
(v) If you breach these Community Rules:
- If you fail to abide by these Community Rules (and/or any variations in relevant local house rules) when taking part in a westendtheatre.com community, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
- This action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of westendtheatre.com community areas.
- If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or with any westendtheatre.com communities or anywhere else on westendtheatre.com or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on westendtheatre.com, and SSM considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, SSM may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s).
- SSM reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any westendtheatre.com or SSM account, at any time, for any reason.
14. The majority of content posted in westendtheatre.com communities is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of westendtheatre.com or SSM. Neither westendtheatre.com or SSM are responsible for any content posted by members of the public on westendtheatre.com or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through westendtheatre.com. Any links to third party websites from westendtheatre.com do not amount to any endorsement of that site by westendtheatre.com or SSM and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
15. westendtheatre.com content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to SSM, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, SSM excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. SSM does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by SSM is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of SSM for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
16. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes SSM’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, westendtheatre.com or SSM shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of westendtheatre.com regardless of the form of action.
17. westendtheatre.com and SSM do not warrant that functions available on westendtheatre.com will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that westendtheatre.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
18. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
19. The failure or delay of westendtheatre.com or SSM to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive westendtheatre.com or SSM’s right to enforce that right.
20. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.